Jakarta Facts article offers some very interesting
facts about Jakarta in Indonesia. Read on for Jakarta fun facts and
Jakarta Fun Facts - Located on the North West
Coast of Java Island, Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia - world's
largest Muslim country with 86% Muslim population. Jakarta was
previously known as Sunda Kalepa, the name Jakarta was given by
Japanese. The capital city is center point of country's economic,
culture and politics.
Temperature in Jakarta:
January - 29°/23°C (84°/73° F);
July - 31°/23°C (88°/73° F)
Average daily High/Low °C (°F)
Time Zone in Jakarta:
+7 hours UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
Jakarta Facts & Figures
- Jakarta is the largest city of Indonesia with more than 23
million people living in greater Jakarta.
- The national stock exchange of Indonesia, the Bank of Indonesia,
and the National Monument (Tugu Monas) are some of the major
landmarks in Jakarta city.
- Jakarta got Independence in 1945 from Dutch East India Company.
- The city of Jakarta offers you a perfect mixture of western
architecture and traditional Indonesian culture.
- Jakarta is a well connected destination served by the
Soekarno-Hatta International Airport and Halim Perdanakusuma
- Jakarta is the largest city in terms of population in South East
Asia. Its population is estimated at 8,489,910.
- Jakarta was known with following names as
Sunda Kelapa (397-1527), Jayakarta (1527-1619), Batavia
(1619-1942), and Djakarta (1942-1972).
- Jakarta is a popular sports venue in Asia hosting Asian games in
1962 and Asian cup of 2007.
- Jakarta is an ideal place to start your tour for various islands
of Indonesia as it is very well connected with major places in